Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Baby it's COLD outside . . . but pretty!!

Real Name
    Kathy

Baby it's COLD outside . . . but pretty!!

I am one of those crazy people who loves it when it snows, I think it is beautiful!! I snapped some of these photo's this morning. I am open to suggestions.

ice melting on the sidewalk

pinecone in my front yard

found out I am not very good at shooting ice cicles, but I have posted below my two attempts, I am sure I am trying to acheive things with my camera that I am not able to, but I did have fun attempting!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Baby it's COLD outside . . . but pretty!!

Kathy

I think maybe the ice melting on the sidewalk looked better live that it could be captured in an image. I don't thinlk this oen really works as without your words, we're not really sure what we're looking at.

I think the Pine Cone is a beauty. You've captured a lovely light falling onto it. It could maybe takea little more local contrast enhancement.

And I think icicles are quite a challenge to photograph. I think they're great subjects for B & W conversion.

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: Baby it's COLD outside . . . but pretty!!

Thanks for the feedback Donald! It is appreciated! I agree with the first photo . . . sometimes I have to get creative, I live where it is flat as a pancake, in town and not much to shoot out in my backyard, but I do see that without the caption that photo would be hard to identify. I will keep shooting and hopefully get better.