Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: City Scape

City Scape

I had the opportunity to view this city scape from one of the few accessible high points in the city - Cincinnati. I really wanted to include the auto bridge crossing the river. Any C & C appreciated.

City Scape

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: City Scape

Hi Jimco and welcome

A couple of things to consider

I dont know what's to the left of the shot but it would have been nice to get the whole of the bridge arch in shot. A wider angle lens setting might have been better.

The file is quite small - 640 x 427 pixels and 62KB which means that it is heavily compressed. We would get a much better view of your image if it were posted at say 1500 pixels wide and with a higher quality setting for jpeg compression. Typically the file size might be 200-400KB.

I'm not sure how well the shot is focussed because it's hard to tell from a small image like this (for a detailed night shot). The time of shooting looks good to me as the sky has a nice deep blue colour.

Hope this helps

Cheers Dave

Re: City Scape

Dave - I appreciate your comment about using a wide angle lens to include all of the arch of the bridge. To the left of the bridge was nothing of interest as I recognized though.

I did take the pix on a cheaper tripod, with a remote shutter, but the resulting focus was not as good as I hoped. Since then I have obtain a better tripod which is working out great. I will upload higher resolution photos in the future to help with the feedback.

JimCO