Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Change of plans

Real Name
    Paul

Change of plans

I had set out to the butterfly house at the Zoo on Sunday after being reminded of it on the news. I arrived to find after buying my ticket that they have not had a butterfly house for two years! It was early morning so I figured I would take a stroll and see if I could catch a descent shot or two. I am not a big fan of caging animals but I think Seattle does a fairly nice job with habitat.

Change of plans

Change of plans

Change of plans

Change of plans

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Change of plans

Nice crisp shots Paul. I like the early morning lighting. The sun's probably a bit bright on the side of the wolf (is it ?) in the second shot but you have to take what you can get in that situation !

Nicely done
    Cheers Dave

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks Dave, I spent a little time with the Lions and the Wolves were a little later when the sun was a bit higher. I think you are right about the light on the Wolfs side, I was lucky to have been able to get what I did.

Real Name
    Reynold Mainse

wow those are great pictures of some amazing creatures.
    I love how the left eye on the wolf is lit up. (photo 2)
    I might suggest that you use a more shallow depth of field to really focus our attention on the animals i.e F2.8 or as wide open as your lens might let you... I noticed especially with the lion that the backgrounds and the foreground in the third photo take away from my eyes being drawn to the lion. The last one could also use a little vignette. I might also use a software graduated filter coming up from the bottom on the third photo darken the foreground.
    I would have loved to see your butterflies.
    reynold