Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: rusty ole wagon -- need to get rid of date stamp

Real Name
    Kathy

rusty ole wagon -- need to get rid of date stamp

I took this photo when I first got my camera, did not realize that I had the "date stamp" on. I do not know how to get rid of it, I have a trial version of Lightroom 3.5 but can't seem to find a setting on there that will help me eliminate the date stamp. I like the photo, I would like it more without the date stamp! Thanks for your help.
    rusty ole wagon -- need to get rid of date stamp

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: rusty ole wagon -- need to get rid of date stamp

Kathy: In the right hand panel just below the histogram there is a Spot Remoal tool (just to the right of the crop tool) If you click on it and cursor into your picture you will see a circle with a crosshair in the middle. Use the left and right square bracket keys to make the circle larger or smaller. Place the circle over the date stamp and click and the date stamp should be removed. If you don't like the way it looks go back to the history panel on the left side of the screen and reset the history to before you did the spot removal. Then use the brackets to make the circe larger or smaller and try again. You might want to use a smaller circle and move the tool across the date stamp. I tried it with the circle just large enough to cover the height of the text. I had to move across and click 3 times. It looked OK. As with everything else in Lightroom though, this is not a permanent change until you Export it with the changes that you have made.

The clone tool in Elements would do a much better job with this, but it can be done in Lightroom.

Hope that helps

Wendy

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: rusty ole wagon -- need to get rid of date stamp

thanks wendy, I will give it a try!!