Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Adobe Photo Elements 10

Real Name
    Jeannie

Adobe Photo Elements 10

Is Elements 10 capable of soft proofing?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Adobe Photo Elements 10

Quote Originally Posted by rosapearl View Post
    Is Elements 10 capable of soft proofing?
    Hi Jeannie. I don't have Elements 10 but when I post you question on the Web, this is what I get: http://simplephotoshop.com/elementsp...soft_proof.htm for Elements +. Other documentation indicates that Elements doesn't support Soft Proofing without an add-in of some kind but in many cases, the info is not version specific so I would say 'most likely not' without an add-in of some kind.
    Last edited by FrankMi; 6th December 2011 at 12:01 AM.

Real Name
    John

Frank, I followed your link and it looks as if the add on is $12 and really expands Elements. One reason I originally went to Photoshop was for the soft proofing. If it turns out you can get that and a lot of other functions for the cost of Elements plus $12, I will be upset. Would be nice if a Elements user tries it and gives a report.

Real Name
    Tom McKay

I looked at this link from FrankMI. I have PSE 9 & the instructions bear no relation to my MAC version of PSE9 I have. When you Get to the Effects Pallette there is no 'Soft Proof'. I do have a Custom effect but it seems to add whatever the cuntom setting is rather than let me alter it. I need to experiment more with this Custom setting since double clicking on it as suggested does nothing.