Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: B&W Buck

Real Name
    Steve

B&W Buck

This was from my previous shoot a couple weeks ago. Since i had some color issues, i decided to try one in B&W. Not too many wildlife images look good in b&w, but i'm pretty happy with this one.................

B&W Buck

Real Name
    Mike

Re: B&W Buck

You're right Steve… the buck does pop. Looks like the DOF helps make it work. Nice shot. Is the buck doing some kind of dance?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    but i'm pretty happy with this one.................
    As you should be, sir.

Your mastery of depth of field, as well as post-processing has given this an amazing 3-D quality. It feels as if that animal is about to jump off the screen. (EDIT - Mike beat me by a few seconds with the same thoughts)

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    You're right Steve… the buck does pop. Looks like the DOF helps make it work. Nice shot. Is the buck doing some kind of dance?
    Thanks mike. No dance, just turning around to go the other direction. I often like to capture some movement in my images.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    As you should be, sir.

Your mastery of depth of field, as well as post-processing has given this an amazing 3-D quality. It feels as if that animal is about to jump off the screen. (EDIT - Mike beat me by a few seconds with the same thoughts)
    Thanks donald. Wish i could make them pop off the page all the time. This image just has good depth. The deer /tree/overhanging limb are all at different depths, but the telephoto lens compresses it a little. Add a very tight forground and you get pop.

Real Name
    james

well captured!