Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Purchase

Real Name
    Pat

Purchase

Hi Folks,
    I am thinking about making a purchase from a site that I never used before and was wondering if any of you folks have any knowledge of it,fotosense.co.uk The company is in Bolton UK.
    Best Wishes,Pat

Re: Purchase

Check this site:

http://www.resellerratings.com/rlist-s1-n2.html

Just type in the name of the business - it's saved many photographers from sketchy places.

Although it may not work in Britain.

Glenn

Haven't heard of them before but they are listed on a number of independent review sites with comments ranging from appalling to excellent. Most complaints seem to refer to poor delivery etc rather than more worrying items.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-159805.html

Also here http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/ri/6496...tailer-reviews

ps. the reply/edit box is giving trouble again so I can only reply as a new Advanced option and can't edit my reply to add more links. So I'm having to make a new reply for each one.

And again http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=392678

But these are just a few of many reviews; all with equally varied reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    My personal choice would be to avoid a place that receives mixed reviews.

Glenn

Real Name
    Pat

Thank you Glen and Geoff for your reply.As I have worked hard to save for this perticular item my gut feeling is to go to a company I have used before even though I will pay more,it was the price that attracted me to that site,but better safe than sorry.
    Best Wishes,Pat

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Pat,

Firstly, what is that you're after?

Secondly, the best place to buy online here in the UK is Warehouse Express.

For good prices, Pat, I currently have a 7D camera body on order from Big Norman. com which is a Gibraltar based company.

At the moment, I can't comment as my order is a bit overdue on the standard delivery option. But they do have good reviews so I assume everything will be OK. And, of course, I paid with a credit card; which went through using the Google Wallet payment system.

Next time I think I would pay the extra cost and get the fast delivery alternative. At the moment it has been 6 working days when they quote 3 to 5 days.

But a couple of days delay might not be their fault if they have used the 'wrong carrier'. Where I live is on the extreme S. Devon coast and some 20 miles from the nearest motorway.

So, apart from the two carriers who deliver here daily and Parcel Force, some delivery drivers don't like coming here for just one drop. Therefore they keep on trucking down the main road and claim they attempted a delivery but no one was home.

I have previously fallen out with several companies over this.

If everything goes well and I get a Monday delivery I will report back.

ps. I've just checked out Warehouse Express for a 7D and they are rather expensive on that item.

Real Name
    Dave

I don't know Fotosense. A WHOIS check gives the registrant's address as the same as on their web site rather than somewhere half way across the world which is encouraging. However, if there is a lot of negative comments about them then perhaps somewhere else would be better.

Just did a quick price compare

Fotosense
    Pentax K5 +18 -55mm lens with free case worth £35 --- £785

SRS Microsystems
    Pentax K5 +18 -55mm lens with free 8Gb class 10 card --- £784

I know this is only a single item but the prices are similar and SRS have a very good reputation.

Dave

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollokot View Post
    As I have worked hard to save for this perticular item my gut feeling is to go to a company I have used before even though I will pay more,it was the price that attracted me to that site,but better safe than sorry.
    One could even argue that a company who charges less, makes less profit. And thus can't afford to spend as much on customer service (the focus becomes "get the money first, worry about everything else afterwards").

Real Name
    Pat

Hi Folks,
    The item I am after is the Gitzo GT5541 Tripod.Morris Photo is a company I have used before and found them to be very good,and since the tripod is expensive I want to be "Better save than sorry".
    Best Wishes,Pat

I did have a slight delivery problem with Morris Photo.

After non delivery, I phoned them and reported this; also pointing out that I couldn't get the delivery tracking code to work.

They phoned back a few hours later to say that one item from my order was out of stock and the packing department hadn't notified the invoice dept that they were unable to fulfill my order.

I then changed my order to an alternative item, which was stocked, and received delivery the next day.