Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: River Bank

Real Name
    Albert

River Bank

I took this picture the other day. Could you folks give me some of your thoughts. Al
    River Bank
    Last edited by willys46; 2nd December 2011 at 05:56 AM.

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Re: River Bank

Greetings from the sunshine state Albert, interesting pic. Would you be willing to post another version without the watermark? Very pronounced in the shot / is throwing off the ZEN...also, looks a tad overexposed (could just be my display)...

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    Greetings from the sunshine state Albert, interesting pic. Would you be willing to post another version without the watermark? Very pronounced in the shot / is throwing off the ZEN...also, looks a tad overexposed (could just be my display)...
    I don't think it is so much overexposed as it is back focused. The reflections should be more in focus but they aren't.

Real Name
    John

Albert,
    got to agree the watermark is a bit distracting to say the least, I too would like to see it either removed or a bit less Prominent.
    The picture does appear slightly soft and could do with being a bit sharper, IMO.
    I also think a slight rotation to the left is needed, about 1/2 - 1 degree should do.

Real Name
    Albert

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    I removed the watermark, adjusted color and sharpness. The water in the river was moving that gave it that distorted look. I was looking for a tranquil scene with autumn colors. I waited quit a while hoping for a fisherman, I wanted to catch him in the middle of a cast, no luck though. Al

River Bank

Real Name
    Philip

Albert,

It looks as though it was a sunny day. If it was, then in my opinion the autumn colours should be more vibrant - with a touch more saturation and contrast.

Philip

Real Name
    John

Albert,
    much better, a positive move in the right direction. Well done.

Real Name
    Albert

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Albert,
    much better, a positive move in the right direction. Well done.
    Thanks I tired a little sat and hue change but didn't like it. I think I will retake the scene from a different angle, see if I can make it more interesting, more of a story just too blaa this way. thank you all for your input. Albert

Real Name
    Mike

Im not sure how the fall colors go in Washington. I know sometimes like out here in south PA, if we dont get the right kind of rain or cold at the right time, the colors dont "pop" like up in Vermont. I think thats whats missing from your colors? Im probably just spoiled and using Vermont colors as a standard!

Real Name
    Albert

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    Im not sure how the fall colors go in Washington. I know sometimes like out here in south PA, if we dont get the right kind of rain or cold at the right time, the colors dont "pop" like up in Vermont. I think thats whats missing from your colors? Im probably just spoiled and using Vermont colors as a standard!
    That is true, but our crimsons and oranges do come out good, I just didn't pick a good location for those colors. I will get better and do more planning, snows coming and I will see if I can get some good photos to put on the forum. Albert

Real Name
    Albert

JPS thank you. I really enjoy getting out, looking for that perfect photo. Albert