Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hawk in flight

Real Name
    james

Hawk in flight

I liked the effect the DOF lends to this image.Please let me know what y'all think. Shot with my canonT2i, canon 400 mm freehand panning. TV 1/800 av 9.0 iso 200Hawk in flight

Real Name
    Scott Benz

Re: Hawk in flight

Nice shot. I generally favor a DOF that brings the entire wingspan in focus but this works great as the bird looks to be exactly perpendicular to you and the focus runs down the mid-line from the eye through the talons.

Real Name
    Reynold Mainse

Nice capture... Beautiful bird. I agree with Scott regarding the focus. Also, what shutter speed were you set to? Even if the entire bird was in focus it looks like the shutter speed needed to be increased - unless you were going for a motion blur to emphasis movement. Keep Shooting and Sharing
    reynold

Real Name
    Pierre

Could be my screen, but I see just the head in focus...which to me makes this image work very well.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

Quote Originally Posted by PBelarge View Post
    Could be my screen, but I see just the head in focus...which to me makes this image work very well.
    Looking at this with my larger monitor at the office, I would agree on both counts. The talons are not quite sharp and the bird isn't quite perpendicular but still the image works for me.