Thread: some roses

Real Name
    Mark

some roses

I am new, learning and would like good feedback.
    Thanks

Mark

some roses

Real Name
    Reynold Mainse

Re: some roses

Hi Mark,
    That sure is a beautiful garden. Here are some suggestions for you.
    Rule of Thirds (google it): Put your main subject on one of the Third axes points The Rose in the Middle seems a little too strong and doesn't allow for the eye to flow around the image
    Lens choice: A wide angle lens may not be the best choice here. Try something around 100mm or longer
    Depth of Field: I think you could even feature you Flower better if you used a shallow depth of field by opening up your aperture. This would give you a beautiful Bocah (soft out of focus background)
    When taking a picture move around while looking at your subject and look for a background that will compliment and not compete with your image.
    To improve this image as is... I think if you can bump up your contrast in software and also add some brightness to the mid tones that will help
    If I look close I think I see some clouds in the sky. Your background is very busy already and therefore a little texture in the clouds may be interesting. You can experiment with trying to bring some of the detail out in the clouds by increasing the blue saturation and darkening the blue.
    Hope this helps - Keep shooting and posting
    reynold

Real Name
    Mark

Re: some roses

Thanks for the help. Yes, it was very cloudy that day, I tried to compensate for it.
    I will take your advise.

Thanks again