Thread: ACR 6.5 and Lightroom

Real Name
    Russell

ACR 6.5 and Lightroom

Hi, I use Photoshop CS4 and now purchased Lightroom 3 and updated to to 3.5.
    Now when I try to open a photograph from LR to PS I get the message "This version of LR may require Photoshop Camera Raw plugin 6.5 for full compatibility, please update the Camera Raw Plugin using the update tool available in the Photoshop help menu" Now the problem is CS4 is not compatable with the 6.5 Raw update it is only for PS5, so how or can you just update to camera raw in LR 3.5?
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Alex

Re: ACR 6.5 and Lightroom

Hi Russ,

I thought we covered this problem in your previous post:

www.cambridgeincolour.com/forums/thread13995.htm

Can you not get the ACR 5.7 version to install?

Other than that I do not know if there is anything else that you can do. You cannot buy or upgrade just Camera Raw. You have to buy all of Photoshop.

Alex

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi Russ,

Do you convert your image to the DNG format either prior to - or as part of - importing them into the LR catalog?

Is LR set to save changes to the LR database or to either your DNG files or sidecar files?

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Russ,

Do you convert your image to the DNG format either prior to - or as part of - importing them into the LR catalog?

Is LR set to save changes to the LR database or to either your DNG files or sidecar files?
    Hi, firstly sorry Alex, at my age you start to forget things like who you owe money to etc I forgot I had already asked this before.
    Colin I convert to dng on import from the CF card. but the question has already been answered
    Russ (i think)

P.S. After reply to this I found http://www.lightroomqueen.com/ very interesting site and all Lightroom.
    Russ
    Last edited by russellsnr; 30th November 2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: URL added

Real Name
    Alex

You don't want to forget who owes you money, just who you owe money to. This seems to be the way banks are run nowadays.

Let us know if the ACR v5.7 fixes at least some of your warning dialogues.

Regards,

Alex

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Colin I convert to dng on import from the CF card. but the question has already been answered
    Hi Russ,

Reason I ask is that not all DNG files are the same - they're introduced changes to the schema recently. I'm just wondering if LR is using a later revision scheme that your version of ACR can't understand. Might be worth trying Adobe's DNG converter - convert them at a lower schema level ("version") - and then import them into LR, with LR set to save changes to the DNG file, not to it's own internal database (you didn't answer that question though ).

I think I know what the answer will be, but worth a shot.