Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Converting Adobe RGB to sRGB

Real Name
    Chris C

Converting Adobe RGB to sRGB

In my last post, Dave made a comment that has now come to rear it's ugly head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    The only thing I can see you might need to do to ALL images is correct any mistake in colour space selected on camera to avoid viewing and printing problems later. At this stage, for your purposes, just use sRGB (throughout) for now. Seek advice if you shot other than sRGB, as there are two ways to apparently 'convert' and it is easy to get the wrong one and not achieve anything!
    It appears that my camera was set to Adobe RGB throughout, and I just noticed it after taking a bunch more shots over the holidays this past weekend. So, I'm back to ask how it is I go about converting to sRGB properly - I've already changed the camera over to avoid this issue in the future!

I've done some searching and I know I need to convert them over to the right color scheme, which - since I don't own a photo printer and have to get them printed locally - is sRGB for me. Is it as straightforward as simply going through Edit > Convert to Profile > and then picking sRGB? Is there a way to do this 500 at a time?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Converting Adobe RGB to sRGB

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNikon View Post
    In my last post, Dave made a comment that has now come to rear it's ugly head.

It appears that my camera was set to Adobe RGB throughout, and I just noticed it after taking a bunch more shots over the holidays this past weekend. So, I'm back to ask how it is I go about converting to sRGB properly - I've already changed the camera over to avoid this issue in the future!

I've done some searching and I know I need to convert them over to the right color scheme, which - since I don't own a photo printer and have to get them printed locally - is sRGB for me. Is it as straightforward as simply going through Edit > Convert to Profile > and then picking sRGB? Is there a way to do this 500 at a time?
    Hi Chris,

Essentially, yes - that's how it's done. If you haven't already editied them then just tell the RAW converter to spit them out in sRGB in the first place (just click the hyperlink at the bottom of ACR), but if you've already edited them then you'd need to set it up as a batch process.