Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: venice

venice

venice

Took this picture when Venice was flooded but not sure about composition.

Real Name
    John

Re: venice

Hi Tania,
    I love the shot; wish I was there.
    I Hope you don't mind, but as you mentioned the composition, I felt things needed a 'tweek'. Not sure if I've made things better or worse, but it is just another point of view, for consideration.
    Well done and welcome to the CiC gang.

venice
    Last edited by JPS; 28th November 2011 at 11:50 PM.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    I Hope you don't mind, but as you mentioned the composition, I felt things needed a 'tweek'. Not sure if I've made things better or worse, but it is just another point of view, for consideration.
    Hi John, Tania might be interested in what it was you did to modify her image and why you feel the specific changes helps the image.

Real Name
    John

Hi Frank,
    very good point.
    As much as I liked the picture, I felt the water was 'falling' too much away to the left of the shot. I tried, in my own limited was to level things up a bit. I currently use Adobe Elements 9 and used the 'transform - Perspective' tool to level up things.
    I'm certainly no expert and others may think the changes I have made, are detrimental to the picture in it's original form, but if that is the case, it would be another learning curve for me; one which I'm more that happy to accept.
    Like most of us every day I seem to learn something, that's why I love photography.

Real Name
    John

I often see photographs of Venice square flooded. When I visited years ago there were only puddles, speeding through the canals was banned, and I also saw a few of the dwelling's foundations being repaired, by basically creating a dam around the structure. Usually there are tables laid out across this square and musicians playing. Hope you caught a glimpse of what it can be like during the evenging hours.