Real Name
    Bill

"Morning Glass"

Surfers Paradise , Gold Coast Qld Australia

"Morning Glass"

Real Name
    Homer

Re: "Morning Glass"

Wow! That's a great image, William. I love the reflections in the water. How much of this is 'out of the camera' and how much has been done PP for special effects? If PP, what did you do?

Real Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
    Wow! That's a great image, William. I love the reflections in the water. How much of this is 'out of the camera' and how much has been done PP for special effects? If PP, what did you do?
    Thanks Homer, I think the easy way is to post this image which is pretty much how it was , With some warming of the White Balance , Amazing what you can do on a rainy day , The FG water was added using a Flood Filter in PP , I dont normally do so much Heavy Post Processing , But I took the liberty with this one , The purists wont like it , But still had fun experimenting - Bill

"Morning Glass"

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Hi Bill

I think the second shot is a very nice image. Sorry but I think that the first is a bit overdone. I wouldn't say I'm a purist but I do prefer the more natural version of this shot.

Cheers Dave

Real Name
    John

Very nice image, really like the reflections in the water.

Real Name
    Homer

I like both images and there's nothing wrong with going overboard with the PP one in a while, unless it becomes your standard MO and all your photos wind up with some odd 'look'. I'll have to check out the flood filter. I've never used it. Life is for learning!

I just finished reading Bill Bryson's 'In a Sun Burned Country' and enjoyed seeing the skyline of the Gold Coast, which he describes in quite a bit of detail. If are not familiar with the book, you may want to look into it. It's wonderfully interesting (and funny), I would even think for an Australian.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Great picture, but everytime I read the title, my mind substitutes the material for another.
    Graham

Real Name
    Pierre

I like how you were creative in the treatment of your original image. It is different and nice to be able to see something different.
    Remember that a good portion of photography deals with what you see and how you feel.