Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Making a Panorama

Making a Panorama

Hey all,
    I am looking for some shareware or freeware to try out, for making a Panoramic picture. I have about 10 pictures I want to cobble together and would like to try before I buy! Any recommendations?
    Thanks Gene

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Making a Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by Thantos View Post
    Hey all,
    I am looking for some shareware or freeware to try out, for making a Panoramic picture. I have about 10 pictures I want to cobble together and would like to try before I buy! Any recommendations?
    Thanks Gene
    My weapon of choice is www.panoramafactory.com. It's not free, but they might have a demo version you could use for a limited time. Most packages are pretty cheap anyway.

Hope this helps

I use panotools and find that suits my needs the most. I've tried a lot of pano software and find panotools the most powerful and it's free too. Also it has stitched scenes that other one click process style software has had trouble with. There are various front ends but I mainly like hugin and ptassembler.

Ptassembler definately has the most options but it's a 30 day trial shareware after which some features are disabled. Pano tools and it's front ends whether free or extra feature shareware take a bit more learning but are well worth it IMO.

My first panoramas were made with PTStitcher (part of Panotools), but have long since switched to Hugin. It's GNU General Public License, which means it's free. Although it's still in beta, it is stable. I've used it on both Windows XP and on Mac OS X with no problems.

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/