Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: orf to lightroom 2 and dxo flmpk2

orf to lightroom 2 and dxo flmpk2

I just can't do it.
    I am using the master2 software, preview.
    Just can't export from the Oly soft. or import from lgtrm.
    Shooting raw, orf.

Real Name
    John

Re: orf to lightroom 2 and dxo flmpk2

You should be using the Ib software to export the ORF file. Could you go through your workflow so we can see where the snag occurs.

I've got some unknown words I need to know what they mean in this context: Ib, workflow.
    I am using mac osx tiger, and I am not advanced in using computers.

I try to import from adoby lightroom2, I choose a psomething file from applications to pictures. It says copying file to DNGatives, then it reads : some import operations were not performed, files appear to be damaged or unsupported. No new import picture shows in light room.
    Same when I try to open a file from "pictures" mac hd, in dxo filmpack, it only opens jpg, which I don't use cause they're iferior to raw, orf. If I save an or file to mac's "pictures" as tiff-instead of raw, then I can import from alightroom, but it rads that "...non raw files were not converted to dng..." so I guess the picture can not be developed as raw, therefore looses some of its quality.
    Does this answer your question regarding the "workflow"?
    Last edited by gea; 19th November 2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: new task performed

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by gea View Post
    I've got some unknown words I need to know what they mean in this context: Ib, workflow.
    I am using mac osx tiger, and I am not advanced in using computers.
    ORF is the Olympus version of RAW and it has to be converted to a form usable by a software's RAW standard. Ib or "ib" as it described on the Olympus website is the converter that should have been included with your camera when you purchased it. Check the Olympus website if you don't have it, I see that the Master2 software is a free download and it used for editing digital images in jpeg and TIFF format. After you have converted the ORF into a TIFF file you can export it into the other editing software you are using. Hope this helps.

Real Name
    John

I try to import from adoby lightroom2, I choose a psomething file from applications to pictures. It says copying file to DNGatives, then it reads : some import operations were not performed, files appear to be damaged or unsupported. No new import picture shows in light room.
    Same when I try to open a file from "pictures" mac hd, in dxo filmpack, it only opens jpg, which I don't use cause they're iferior to raw, orf. If I save an or file to mac's "pictures" as tiff-instead of raw, then I can import from alightroom, but it rads that "...non raw files were not converted to dng..." so I guess the picture can not be developed as raw, therefore looses some of its quality.
    Does this answer your question regarding the "workflow"?
    Yes it did, see my comments in the other posting.

the ib software is windows only. I was able to download viewer 2 from Olympus, which looks like master 2, but still can't find a way to convert orf to lightroom and dxo readable raw format files.

Real Name
    John

the ib software is windows only. I was able to download viewer 2 from Olympus, which looks like master 2, but still can't find a way to convert orf to lightroom and dxo readable raw format files.
    I have the actual disk and it has the version for mac and Windows computers. Go to this link and look for the ib software that matches your camera.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...d/software/#ib

[ib]
    Product OS Instruction
    Update for [ib] Software Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Vista / 7 Click here!
    updated: Jul. 2011
    Get [ib] Software Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Vista / 7 Click here!
    updated: Jul. 2011

OLYMPUS Viewer 2
    Product OS Instruction
    OLYMPUS Viewer 2 Update
    for Windows Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Vista / 7 Click here!
    updated: Aug. 2011
    OLYMPUS Viewer 2 Update
    for Macintosh Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later Click here!
    Get OLYMPUS Viewer 2 Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Vista / 7
    Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later Click here!

As you can see above, I have copied the same page you are talking about, the same I visited, there is no mac osx version for ib. There is only for viewer 2.

Real Name
    John

This may be your only workaround. It looks like ib doesn't plan to support mac users. Hope this helps.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=5024

OK thanks.
    Just one problem.
    I downloaded the mac version, it shows adobepatchinstaller, but when I click it doesn't open or it did not ask for my permission to install on the hard disc. I guess it is worthless if it doesn't install.

Real Name
    John

OK thanks.
    Just one problem.
    I downloaded the mac version, it shows adobepatchinstaller, but when I click it doesn't open or it did not ask for my permission to install on the hard disc. I guess it is worthless if it doesn't install.
    Try going directly to the folder where you installed it and click the application or exe file.

No, there is no option, it doesn't open.
    Thanks for your help though.
    Cheers.

Real Name
    John

No, there is no option, it doesn't open.
    Thanks for your help though.
    Cheers.
    For some reason my ib software crashed and cannot be recovered. I went to the ib/Olympus website there doesn't seem to be a work around. You have to upgrade to the Master software. I checked a few forums and many Olympus/ib users are having the same problem. I tried the Master2 software and after some manipulation was able to get an ORF file converted. You have to save it to a folder which you create and it will only do so if you make some adjustments to the file. If you leave it as is, it won't allow you to save. What I did after installing the Master2 software was to insert my memory card into my card slot, you can attach your camera to the computer also. The software should recognize the connection and ask if you want to transfer images. Create a new album, transfer the photos, wait for them to populate the browser and then go to the main menu and choose OPEN RAW development, then you should have complete capabilities.