Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Some Birds at Tangalooma Is Resort

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Some Birds at Tangalooma Is Resort

Sorry guys but it's the feathered variety

My wife and I were fortunate to spend a couple of days at the above mentioned resort which is located on Moreton Is across the bay from Brisbane. This is a large sand island which is mostly National Park (except for the resort and a couple of other small settlements).

Here are the birds. Thanks for viewing

Cheers Dave

Pelican

Pied Cormorant

Bush Stone Curlew

And the ol Aussie Kookaburra

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Some Birds at Tangalooma Is Resort

That's an excellent series of images, Dave. And you can't help notice how clear the water is in that first image.

I particularly like the image of the Pied Cormorant, because not only is it well composed, with the birds head not being cut into by anything in the background, but it's a good exposure of quite a difficult lighting and tone situation. Anmd it's got what I would call, humour, in the sense of the bird on the pier looking out to see where normally you'd expect to see a human.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Some Birds at Tangalooma Is Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That's an excellent series of images, Dave. And you can't help notice how clear the water is in that first image.

I particularly like the image of the Pied Cormorant, because not only is it well composed, with the birds head not being cut into by anything in the background, but it's a good exposure of quite a difficult lighting and tone situation. Anmd it's got what I would call, humour, in the sense of the bird on the pier looking out to see where normally you'd expect to see a human.
    Thank you Donald. Yes the water around these large sand islands is always crystal clear. The cormorants were quite tame and cheeky. It was almost as if they were posing for a shot !

Cheers Dave