Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Beautiful Pink Rose

Real Name
    ~Nurse~Pants~

Beautiful Pink Rose

Taken with D5100

Beautiful Pink Rose
    Last edited by Pants; 16th November 2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: did not post correctly

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Beautiful Pink Rose

I'm puzzled. I think there's a need for sharpening. But more significantly, I wonder why we have such a narrow depth-of-field when shot at f8 at 55mm. Or is my eyesight going? Do you know where the focal point was?

Real Name
    Mark

Hello Nurse pants!

Im not sure its my place to say this as a new member....BUT... we are all very friendly on here and like to know who we are talking too and where they are from.. from the pick i might assume down south might be Devon , uk but could be any where temperate. My name is Mark, shall we call you Pants from here on? what do you wish us to comment on regarding your immage? go on give us a bit of elp!! we wont bite.......

Real Name
    ~Nurse~Pants~

Pants is just fine & I'm from Louisiana. I just bought my D5100 & I like to take pics from a different perspectives so sorry if it seems sub-par Donald....

I could see this photo as a high key B & W.

Welcome to CiC, Pants. Pants?

Real Name
    Mark

Hi Pants,

no image is "sub par" and i very much doubt Donald was saying this, This image has the potential to work but i think we are confused as to what end you are trying to achieve.

As is the image doesnt appeal to me, but if as Viana says you were to covert it to B&W and blow out the background it might transform it, you might have to do some other stuff such as sharpening, contrast and black adjustments to give it some punch.

Maybe Viana will have a go for you, shes much better at PP than me im just learning.....

I would be happy to do the rose in high key. Think it would look super. However, I need a larger photo. This one only has 25KB and will pixelate.