Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My new monitor

Real Name
    Richard

My new monitor

I have been working with a 23-inch Multisync monitor which I purchased online. Although it is a good monitor, I was never happy with it because it was really too small, especially top to bottom. I wished that I had purchased a 27-inch monitor but, I was too cheap.

My wife had been working with a old Dell monitor which was not wide screen. She needed a new monitor and liked my Multisync because it has USB ports built in. This is advantageous to her since she is working with a docked notebook computer and has a perennial shortage of USB ports.

Most of the monitors we looked at were no longer equipped with USB ports so Judy took my 23-inch Multisync and I got a new 27-inch Samsung. Although it is not touted as an editing monitor, the size and picture are really nice for post processing. This solution cost a hundred and fifty dollars more than buying Judy a new 23-inch monitor and we both are happy.

It took me a while to get the color and the brightness balanced but, with the help of an old Huey calibrator to balance the color and some "Kentucky Windage" as far as brightness goes; the monitor seems pretty well balanced.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 15th November 2011 at 11:01 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: My new monitor

Sounds like a good solution that suited everyone

Real Name
    David

IPS or no? I'm looking for a new monitor currently and considering all options.

Real Name
    Homer

What is the model of the 27" Samsung that you purchased?