Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hi all.......this was my first attempt to photograph a water drop falling into water.

Real Name
    GIRISH A.

Hi all.......this was my first attempt to photograph a water drop falling into water.

Hi all.......this was my first attempt to photograph a water drop falling into water.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 10th November 2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: remove double IMG tags

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Hi all.......this was my first attempt to photograph a water drop falling into wa

A good first attempt.

There were very extensive discussions on here in the past, which discussed in detail the way in which to best capture such images. This thread also features links to other threads on the subject.

Real Name
    GIRISH A.

Re: Hi all.......this was my first attempt to photograph a water drop falling into wa

Hi... Donald........thanks for the useful tip...will try to improve upon using the thread suggested

Real Name
    Bill S

Girish,

Did you add the star light points? I find them very distracting and they compete for my attention with the main subject matter which is the drop of water.

- Bill

Real Name
    GIRISH A.

Hi Bill.......the star light points was added in camera editing option available in Nikon D90......after doing it i also thought so........without it will it be a better picture.......let me post that here and have ur opinion.........Girish
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 10th November 2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: remove double IMG tags

Real Name
    Bill S

Definitely! Way better without them.

Real Name
    Richard

"the star light points was added in camera editing option available in Nikon D90"

It is amazing what cameras allow you to do these days! I had not heard of that option and we cetrainly don't have it on my Canon DSLR cameras. However, I don't miss it. I like to do any editing like this in post processing.

Real Name
    GIRISH A.

Thanks..Bill.for the frank opinion..........
    Thanks to you also Richard......cameras these days are really amazing...more than that the software available now have much advanced options.....very bad photo can be edited and made out to look impressive. But i prefer to have my original photo but for little cropping and contrast enhancement.......am an amateur in photography and in the process of learning....Girish

Real Name
    Malcolm Collins

The starpoints did nothing for me except take my eye away from the subject. Once you removed them the picture came to life.

Real Name
    robert

Quote Originally Posted by jeechu1970 View Post
    I've experimented with drop recoil reactions with manual exposure captures with & w/o manual strobe, if you can capture perpendicular to the reaction spire & having a colored backdrop that compliments it

sometimes you get extremely lucky & capture the swirl interaction of both the drop fluid & standing fluid colors dynamics in the reaction spire
    what's also interesting is a "drop forming" from a spigot & a released drop, WB manipulation can enhance & add "chrome color" to the water columnHi all.......this was my first attempt to photograph a water drop falling into water.
    Last edited by elfbob; 24th November 2011 at 08:11 PM.

Real Name
    John

Girish,
    your picture is much better now the star light points have been removed. Nice shoot.

Real Name
    GIRISH A.

Thank you John......its amazing pictures by Robert would definitely experiment.....more on the subject

Real Name
    GIRISH A.

Hi.......another attempt to capture a drop of coffee decoction

[IMG]Hi all.......this was my first attempt to photograph a water drop falling into water.[/IMG]