Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Pumpkin Eye

Real Name
    Jon

Pumpkin Eye

Pumpkin Eye

Thought I would try something different this year at our pumpkin carving party and took this picture of my daughter looking into a pumpkin,( yes, I sacrificed the bottom of the pumpkin just for this shot) is there anything that can be done to make the eye stronger than what is seen here? Critiques absolutely welcomed

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Pumpkin Eye

While it looks sharp and quite white, you may try to select sharpen the eye only and then whiten it just slightly to bring it out a little more.

Real Name
    Paul

Just a quick sharpen I think helped, no whitening applied. Hope you don't mind my quick edit. Hope it is helpful. You may also try a little burning of the outer edges to get rid of the brighter areas of the pumkin. Or try a vingette.

Pumpkin Eye

Real Name
    Jon

Thanks jeeperman, Edit away, I really can see what a bit of local sharpening applied can do, i will try it my self and you are correct, I really need to start paying attention to the whole detail, corners and all

Real Name
    Paul

No worries, it may help to remember the eye will go to two things faster than anywhere else and that is the sharpest and brightest points. That is good if it is the subject and bad if it is not.

Paul