Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lyson & photorite ink

Real Name
    Mark

Lyson & photorite ink

Im just looking into alternative inks for my canon printer, does anyone have experience of lyson and photorite inks?

thanks

mark

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Lyson & photorite ink

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Im just looking into alternative inks for my canon printer, does anyone have experience of lyson and photorite inks?

thanks

mark
    Hi Mark,

I switched to Lyson from Canon for my 7800 a few years back ... and never looked back. The 7800 uses 220ml carts (8 of them) ... just ONE of those ink carts (from Epson) is NZD $250. FOUR of those ink carts of Lyson - sent from England - including postage - was $280. Go figure!

Ahh - but is the Lyson ink as good as Epson ink I hear you ask? Answer: No. It's better (slightly better gamut, and LESS clogging). Only issue I've had was a faulty cart that they replaced. Bye bye Epson ink ... I don't miss you one little bit!

Real Name
    David Victor Woods

Colin/Mark,

Thanks for posts your posts. I too am looking at Lyson Inks for my Pixma Pro9000 MKii and was about to post the same question. I will probably go for the refillable carts.

Can you mix with canon inks as the OEM inks supplied with printer run out ?

Thanks

David

Real Name
    Mark

Hi David,

Just had a very informative chat with Shaun from ink express, yes you are ok to change one cartridge at a time. He mentioned that the 9000 is more reliable with refillables than ciss. what experience do you have paper wise? where to buy, quality ect..

Real Name
    David Victor Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Hi David,

Just had a very informative chat with Shaun from ink express, yes you are ok to change one cartridge at a time. He mentioned that the 9000 is more reliable with refillables than ciss. what experience do you have paper wise? where to buy, quality ect..
    Mark,

Many thanks. I buy my paper online as I use A4, A3, A3+.

I use Canon Papers and Ilford Galleria Papers and obtain good results on my Pixma Pro 9000mkII.

I have bought from Premier Inks - Ilford Papers a3 and a3+, PC World A4, and Warehouse Express for Canon Papers a3 and a3 +.

Ilford ICC profiles are available from the Ilford Web Site free of charge for most popular printers. Just ensure you download the correct one.

It is worth searching the Net as companies do have 2 for 1 offers on popular sizes such as A4.

A3 and A3 plus are expensive as are inks when you print at this size for exhibitions and competitions.

I believe Canon profiles are numbered for print quality with 1 being the highest. The number appears at the end of the profile.

I have yet to try Permajet papers who provide custom profiles. They have supplied me with generic profiles for my printer for their range of papers, which have quite good write ups on the web, and are popular with clubs in my area. Their tech support in providing these were quick off the mark.

Hope this is useful.

Regards

David

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Can you mix with canon inks as the OEM inks supplied with printer run out ?
    I did this with my Epson inks, without any great issue. They are slightly different gamuts, but when I discussed it with the suppliers they said to "just reprofile when you've changed about 1/2 the carts" (which I did) and the results were just fine. Not sure how / if any of this applies to other makes and models though.