Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: All in one basket!

All in one basket!

Focus stacking without a tripod or anything..eh results haha. but heres the best of the lot. C&C please!

All in one basket!

All in one basket!

All in one basket!

All in one basket!

Real Name
    Richard

Re: All in one basket!

Well done...

Real Name
    Mark

without a tripod??? excellent!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi bradSut26, these look fine for not using a tripod. I had to take quite a number of captures to get a sharp image of a large spider once and although the camera was on a tripod, the wind was blowing the web all over the place. In the end, I did get enough images to produce a really sharp final result with focus stacking techniques so it can be done when the subject or camera is moving.

My guess is that you didn't have a tripod hand at the time, but, given the alternative, why not just use a tripod? If you still need focus stacking then by all means use it but why make the job harder than necessary?

As these are reasonable sharp images, were you looking for C&C on something other than the focus stacking technique?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi bradSut26, these look fine for not using a tripod. I had to take quite a number of captures to get a sharp image of a large spider once and although the camera was on a tripod, the wind was blowing the web all over the place. In the end, I did get enough images to produce a really sharp final result with focus stacking techniques so it can be done when the subject or camera is moving.

My guess is that you didn't have a tripod hand at the time, but, given the alternative, why not just use a tripod? If you still need focus stacking then by all means use it but why make the job harder than necessary?

As these are reasonable sharp images, were you looking for C&C on something other than the focus stacking technique?
    I just didnt have one close by so i was too lazy to go get mine. Anyways i would love some C&C for all of the photos for anything about them. thanks guys

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by BradSut26 View Post
    I just didnt have one close by so i was too lazy to go get mine. Anyways i would love some C&C for all of the photos for anything about them. thanks guys
    They are a very nice set of well-exposed and composed, sharp images.

In terms of a comparison between #1 an d# 2, I prefer the portrait to the landscape orientation. It just feels a more balanced, harmonious arrangement to me. But I think I do prefer the colour to the mono rendering, although we do get a better sense of the texture on the surface of the eggshell in the B & W.

I think #1 and #2 are a better compositional arrangement than in n#3 and #4.
    Last edited by Donald; 7th November 2011 at 06:52 PM.