Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Still Life

Still Life

Havent posted here in awhile! Glad to be back! Hi to everyone! I just took these today out of boredom. Let me know what you think. I think they turned out quite alright.

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life

Still Life
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 6th November 2011 at 04:53 AM.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Re: Still Life

Nice work, some great textures.
    I liked the first one cos of the textures, and when I saw the hat, I'd love to see the two of them together. I love contrasts, so the 'masculinity' (no offence ladies who fight) of the gloves versus the femininity of the hat (sorry guys who wear hats like that) would be interesting.

Graham

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Still Life

Hi Brad,

Welcome back

I agree you have some nice textures there, and focus is where it needs to be too.

However, for me, the wayward white balance on several detracts somewhat - as do the backgrounds where you have tried to squeeze too big/too many items into the light tent.

On the WB, if you shot RAW, the light source was the same and you know what the kelvin figures were for say #3, then you should be able to apply that to all of them - if you re did them. No, you don't have to, but for next time, it is something that's easy to get right as you open each RAW, as long as you remember (it took me a while).

Definitely not a wasted effort though, we all learn from the few people that take the time to practice.

Well done,