Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: low light street photography

low light street photography

Hi folks,
    my first low light shot. I did some edit work like going for landscape mode for the wb adjustment, increased the sharpness.
    hope the exif info is attached
    C&C please
    Regards
    Sekhar

3466884040_7cd087cb53.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 22nd April 2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Insert Image Inline

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: low light street photography

Hi Sekhar,

Thiis looks to be a reasonable quality shot from (I'm guessing) your bedroom/living room window.
    White balance looks good to me, as does sharpness, although a little bigger picture would help my eyes judge this. You picked a good time of the day to take the picture, still a decent amount of skylight.

I am left wondering what is illuminating the row of trees/bushes in the foreground though?

No, sadly the EXIF didn't remain attached to the picture.
    It's always more helpful (if you can see it) to just type it below the picture(s) when posting as it saves a lot of hassle for those that don't know how to find it - that's what I do anyway.

Thanks for sharing this and I look forward to seeing more from you,

Many thanks Dave,

This is my first post ever on a forum and my first shot on a tripod. I shall try including the exif, and just wondering how I can include 100% crops say from centre and corner. Much appreciated.

I live in a hospital accommodation and our block has a very bright street lamp at our entrance that lights up our fence and the path. I guess it lighted up the foreground.

You are spot-on. I was shooting from my living room window, scared to the core that my neighbours might complain to the police, just wondering how you senior members get candid pics say for example in street photography.

Regards
    Sekhar

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Sekhar,

That's two "firsts"!

Regarding crops, not sure what you're using for PP, but with most I expect you could do this, but be careful, perhaps work on a copy of the original file and don't do it while distracted.

1) Open the 'copied' file
    2) Set view zoom to 100%
    3) Move around until you've got the bit you are interested in on screen
    4) Select crop and encompass the bit to be extracted
    5) Perform the crop and immediately File > Save As and use new filename suffix
    6) Undo (in edit history) the crop
    7) Repeat from step 3 - 6 to find a new area, crop, Save As and Undo

Not getting confused with Save As filenames and Undo'ing at the right time is why you need to be careful.

Now I'm guessing you've something to show us in a picture?

Cheers,

Many thanks for the info. I was away and did not get time for my camera. Hoping to get some time and will get back to the forum.
    Regards
    Sekhar

Hello members,

I am kinda busy with my day job. No time for my beloved camera. Hoping to get some "me" time.
    Just wondering how to end this thread?
    Meanwhile, I am following the threads and learning (oh! looks like I need a lot of reading and practice).
    Bye for now
    Regards
    Sekhar