Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Jay on Rhodes

Real Name
    Russell

Jay on Rhodes

Hi, Saw this and just got the shot before it flew off.
    Canon 1Ds MkII, 28-135 IS lens.
    Jay on Rhodes
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Jay on Rhodes

Hi Russ, nice coloring. You might try a 4x5 cropping to eliminate some of the dead space on the right, particularly the eye-catching seed pod.

Fixed it! Thanks Donald. Some of the letters on the keycaps have wore off so I don't always hit the right keys!
    Last edited by FrankMi; 2nd November 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Russ, nice coloring. You might try a 4x5 dropping to eliminate some of the dead space on the right, particularly the eye-catching seed pod.
    I agree with Frank, ........ although I'd try cropping instead of dropping!!

And I would slightly tone down that overly bright twig to the left of the bird's neck.

But to be honest, we are only talking about fine tuning on an excellent shot.

Real Name
    Russell

Many Thanks for the input.
    The reason I left a little extra space on the RHS was to try and give the sense of the where the bird was looking.
    I have made a crop but am finding a little bit difficult to tone down the light strip on the left side of the bird.
    Thanks Again
    Russ
    Jay on Rhodes
    Last edited by russellsnr; 3rd November 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: No Photo showing

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    The reason I left a little extra space on the RHS was to try and give the sense of the where the bird was looking. I have made a crop but am finding a little bit difficult to tone down the light strip on the left side of the bird.
    Hi Russ, you should be OK with where the bird is looking because his eye is well left of center. What kind if post processing software do you use?

If it has a burn tool, you should be able to selectively darken as little or as much as you want of the bright branch on the left. If I may, this is with two passes of the burn tool in PS set to 37% exposure for highlights. You could darken it more if you like:

Jay on Rhodes