Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Friend Knitting

Real Name
    Pat

A Friend Knitting

Popped into a friends yesterday and found her knitting (socks I think she said ),it seems to be making a bit of a comeback these days, Pat.

A Friend Knitting

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: A Friend Knitting

Pat

I like how you've composed that. And the placing of your friend down in the right hand corner works, I think, in the sense of the story the image tells about her.

The one thing I'm not so sure about, however, is her hands. We see them in motion. That's fine. But unless you told us she was knitting, would we know? And that, that despite my thinking the composition really works, is what makes me wonder if the composition needs to be re-thought. How could you retain the overall concept that you've implemented here, but at the same time get closer in to her hands so that we could see what activity she was engaged in? Or freeze the motion so that we could see her hands and the needles more clearly.

A challenge. But an exciting one, because, if she is a willing model, I think there could be some wonderful images to be made there.

Real Name
    Pat

Re: A Friend Knitting

Hi Donald,
    Thank you for your comments,the hands are also a concern of mine,your mention of a willing model has got me thinking about popping in again.
    Best Wishes, Pat.