Thread: Lil monsters

Real Name
    Dora B

Lil monsters

Hello,
    I just started using Photoshop and I wanted to learn how to remove an object from the background using content-aware fill. After few attempts I gave up. I would appreciate any advice on fixing this.
    Thank you

Lil monsters

Real Name
    John

Re: Lil monsters

They are indeed. What did you do to the background above the yellow one? Were you trying to tame the overexposed area?

Real Name
    Kevin

Dora

If you edit with photoshop, PSE or Lightroom, google Matt kosklowski- he has some extremely helpful VIDEO tutorials I think you'll appreciate. There are several very good subscription tutorial sites that are far more helpful than any books or magazines- at least till you become quite familiar with the processes. Alibony tutorials are free, and also quite good for the early stages

Best wishes

Kevin

Real Name
    Dora B

I did a few things : first I tried the magic with content- aware fill, after that I tried the clone stamp tool, the lens blur, healing tool ..you name it till I got this ugly patch . The wall is yellow but I had a bottle there. Anyways it was an exercise, I liked the idea( even though there is no photographic merit) but I think I skipped too many chapters(from Scott Kelby book)
    Thank you John and Kevin for your help
    Last edited by dulceza; 27th October 2011 at 09:50 PM.

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Hi Dora,

If you put the original image up, we can then see how it could be approached. There are so many ways to tackle so many problems, it's often better to let more people have a look.

Photoshop can be more difficult to learn than photography itself and as is often the case people get bogged down by it. Alot of people advocate online tutorial instruction for a nominal fee, but to be honest the same information can be found for free online just using google and a bit of determination.

You've started in the right sort of way by having a go!

Real Name
    Dora B

Hello Mark,
    Right away- here is the original -jpeg format, I have the raw also but is it possible to post raw format here?
    Lil monsters
    I put a frame and shaperpened a little.
    Thank you