Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Keeping watch from the balloon

Real Name
    Lexie

Keeping watch from the balloon

Hi everyone,

I would like to pick your collective and very experienced brains. This is my "eye in the sky" but that title has been used this week

I am working on this project for an assignment - I had to create the eye in photoshop and then use it in a composite picture. Deciding on the subject took ages - too many choices! It is not finished yet, there is a lot of tidying up to do around the balloon and I'm not sure whether I should change the colour of the balloon. The background picture of the field is an old one of mine, JPG file so I can't do much enhancement - does it need lots? It is originally a landscape shot, but I thought the balloon needed to be in a portrait orientation so have cropped it - yes/no?

Keeping watch from the balloon

thanks for any feedback

Lexie

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Keeping watch from the balloon

I like the idea, and it is beyond my PP skills....but the one thing I notice is the light on the bails looks to be coming from a higher from which the balloon recieves it.

Real Name
    Lexie

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    I like the idea, and it is beyond my PP skills....but the one thing I notice is the light on the bails looks to be coming from a higher from which the balloon recieves it.
    thanks jeeperman

this is pushing my photoshop skills to the very limit!! I think the balloon does need to be higher in the sky, but I don't have very much sky to play with and move things around. I do still have the original eye, I think I'll go back and tweak the lighting effect on the eyeball and see how it looks.

Lexie

Lexie

Real Name
    Jessy

It's a nice idea but IMO the eye would be more expressive with an eyelid.
    Just a suggestion.
    Jessy

If the balloon was smaller, and relatively higher, I think it could work.

My other thought is that the field seems a little on the yellow side. Maybe a tweak towards the blue colour range would look better.