Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Eastern philosophy

Real Name
    Call me as Ross

Eastern philosophy

Yin and Yang philosophy istraditional theory in Oriental countries. It is difficult to understand, however, and not everyone is aware of it fully. An artist painted a carp (probably represents a certain thing) on the both of sides of a sheet metal (which may be present dual character of things) with Pumiced Lacquer. This work is on display at an exhibition of Installation Art. Viewers enjoyed but not understand what did he imply.

Eastern philosophy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Eastern philosophy

Ross

I actually like the idea of including the people in the background. I reinforces the message that we are in a gallery viewing a piece of art.

I wonder, however, if your decision to have the work going out of the frame of the right hand side was deliberate?

Real Name
    Angelo Walter

an interesting concept, but the photo is penalized by the cut on the right. a good idea the people in background

Real Name
    Call me as Ross

Thank you very much. But the cut of the right is a great my pity because this photo were taken by fix 50mm F1.8 lens and can not be moved further away because behind my back is the wall, and if taken from the opposite direction would not be the group of people as background.

Thank Donald and thank Angelo again