Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Green Kent

Green Kent

Nice sunny day today in the UK but a bit chilly. Walking down a track when I seen this view.

C&C away.

Green Kent

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Green Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    C&C away.

Green Kent
    Hi Dave,

I want to be able to see more into the picture (the middle third) and I can't at this small size
    Double it (e.g. say 1500 wide) and that would be possible.

Failing that, a tighter crop (square?) and ideally, still a bit bigger (e.g. 1000px square).

HTH (Hope that Helps),

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Dave,

I want to be able to see more into the picture (the middle third) and I can't at this small size
    Double it (e.g. say 1500 wide) and that would be possible.

Failing that, a tighter crop (square?) and ideally, still a bit bigger (e.g. 1000px square).

HTH (Hope that Helps),
    This should take you to a large picture of it Dave....http://www.flickr.com/photos/5246926...n/photostream/

Trees were lined all the way across. If I had gone down to the golf green I would have lost the the middle part.

If link doesn't work what about now when you click on the picture

Green Kent

Real Name

Yes, that's better Dave, thanks.

Personally, I think it would be handy if Flickr dropped the Medium 500 in favour of a Large 1280 (640 x 2), or better still a Large 1500, to keep pace with monitor sizes.

The ones they use are rather dated, being relevant to old aspect ratio screens. A Large 1500 would give 1500 x 1000 from a 3:2 uncropped DSLR image, which would nicely fit the 1050 and 1080 tall screens which are wider.

But that's not a crit. of your picture, so probably not helpful

Know what you're saying Dave. There's nothing between large and original. It's Large (1024 x 683) or Original
    (5154 x 3436)

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Know what you're saying Dave. There's nothing between large and original. It's Large (1024 x 683) or Original
    (5154 x 3436)
    Of course, you could always down size to my suggested size and upload that as the 'original' size, then link to that from here.

It's the way I do things, that way, 'the really big one' isn't there for people to rip off.
    Also probably because PBase has even less options for their automatic sizes (just 160, 400 and 800), not that I use them anyway because those auto created sizes are usually* either softer or over sharpened, call me a control freak if you wish

That said, your Flickr 1024 size isn't too bad at all, compared to your original (I couldn't resisit a peek to see the golfer about to swing )

The was an older gentleman that landed in the foreground bunker. I was going to take a shot of him playing out of it. He walked up, took his ball out the bunker and put it on the grass LOL.
    Not how I used to play at all