Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunny Athens

Real Name
    Steve

Sunny Athens

It was a sunny day today in Athens. These freshly caught jpegs are straight from my Canon Powershot with no processing (except some cropping). Comments are most welcome.

National Library - main entrance
    Sunny Athens

Odeon of Herodes Atticus
    Sunny Athens

Have a guess
    Sunny Athens

Looking west from Areopagus
    Sunny Athens

Looking north east from Areopagus
    Sunny Athens

Entrance to the Museum of Acropolis
    Sunny Athens

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Sunny Athens

Interesting series Steve,

Good quality considering

I think "Looking north east from Areopagus" could probably do with a bit of clockwise rotation couldn't it?
    Maybe not, the buildings look vertical, does the land really fall away to the left like that?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Nice shots, Steve. are they restoring the Acropolis, or just working to keep it from deteriorating?

Real Name
    António Correia

Excellent quality of images !
    Which camera did you use ?

Real Name
    Steve

Dave, now that I look more carefully the land falls at a rather abrupt angle from a certain point, not following the "line" of the buildings to its right. So given that the trees look vertical too and that the buildings in the right side too are sloping down somewhat I'd say no rotation is needed here. But I'll confirm that in my next visit there!

Frank, as far as I know restoring is a never ending process but preserving the remaining sculptures is much easier now inside the museum.

Antonio, it's Canon Powershot S2 5MP. It works "right" only in broad light and at ISO 50. I use bracketing but under the circumstances the first shot always has the best exposure.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by stg View Post
    Dave, now that I look more carefully the land falls at a rather abrupt angle from a certain point, not following the "line" of the buildings to its right. So given that the trees look vertical too and that the buildings in the right side too are sloping down somewhat I'd say no rotation is needed here. But I'll confirm that in my next visit there!

~

Antonio, it's Canon Powershot S2 5MP. It works "right" only in broad light and at ISO 50. I use bracketing but under the circumstances the first shot always has the best exposure.
    I agree.

It proves the photographer makes a good picture, not the camera.
    It always helps if the photographer knows how to make the most of their images (from shooting conditions to PP) though