Adeola Olagunju

Canon 60D Finally!

I bought a canon 60D finally.... please help with tips
    I really want to get better...
    Thanks

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Canon 60D Finally!

Shoot - Post - Feedback - Repeat as necessary.

Real Name
    Tyler Berge

Pretty much what Frank said. You can't get a camera and figure that you will know how to do it. Just play with it as much as you can. Find the inner settings for what it can do. Take pictures as much as you can.

Real Name
    Kathy

Canon 60D Finally!
    Aaron Johnson's What the Duck

Real Name
    Jeannie

LOVE IT Kathy

Real Name
    Richard

READ THE MANUAL, READ THE MANUAL AND READ THE MANUAL AGAIN...

Then test out the instructions contained in the manual.

If you don't understand something or if the manual is not clear regarding a subject, post a question on this forum and you will get an answer.

For some people, getting an auxillary instruction book is helpful. There is a plethora of books on the 60D available on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...on&sprefix=60D

The Magic Lantern Guide and the Digital Field Guide are fairly good. Some of the books available simply regurgitate general photoinformation and mix it wit just a bit of 60D specific info. That might be best for some photographers but, I prefer more specific books.

You are also fortunate in that there is a great variety of free, short video tutorials available on YouTube

(http://www.google.com/search?source=...01l0.10.1l11l0 )

and other Internet sites which can provide specific information on your camera. An example would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88JpZf-tuo

The videos have been produced by Canon and by individual photographers and vary greatly in quality and content. There are also some videos which have great content but in which the presenter talks like he was on a mind altering substance while narrating and perhaps he was!

Real Name
    Ian

Richard is so right. How many folk fail to RTFM and then complain or have to go on a course to have it explained to them. Digital is free once you have the camera and card, so try every setting even if you dont think you will use it later, give it a go. They say you learn from your mistakes, so make them whilst its not important. You will pick up so much, but dont stop till you have read every page and tried every control on the camera. Then do it again!

Real Name
    Bronny, who would of guessed :)

I'm with the others, read your manual with your camera in your hand. I know when you pick up the manual and start reading it, it seems like a foreign language but with your camera in hand and something on the floor that you photograph, if could be a toy, a mug, a dice, anything you have and work through your manual section by section. And ask here too. I've been reading past posts and everyone is friendly and helpful . Good luck and congratulations on your new buy A nice choice

Real Name
    Paul

I was really good about reading the manual at first. Then about 6 months after buying my 7d I had my camera bag stolen with the manual inside. Now I have to look up all my questions online. I really should download the pdf to my phone.