Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The joys of fishing...

rob marshall

The joys of fishing...

West bay (don't go there), Dorset, UK, back in August.

The joys of fishing...

Re: The joys of fishing...

West Bay is somewhere that I have yet to visit. I think there was a lot of work down on the harbour recently.

A few years ago we had a pub landlord which came from that area but after a few years he returned to become an antique dealer in West Bay.

However, returning to the photo. My first thought was to crop away some of the bottom quay area. But, on reflection, I think that stained quay surface texture looks interesting.

ps. Are there any fish in the plastic bag?

Real Name
    Mike

Nice shot Rob...I like how her hair covers her face as she's looking back over her
    shoulder..good capture..

My only concern is that IF she is indeed "fishing", then she's going to need a bigger
    net, as those two look made for sardines or catching bait.

Mike

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    West Bay is somewhere that I have yet to visit. I think there was a lot of work down on the harbour recently.

A few years ago we had a pub landlord which came from that area but after a few years he returned to become an antique dealer in West Bay.

However, returning to the photo. My first thought was to crop away some of the bottom quay area. But, on reflection, I think that stained quay surface texture looks interesting.

ps. Are there any fish in the plastic bag?
    It's a very touristy area and very crowded, but a mile either side on the coast path and you don't see many people. Good walking area. I think most people were just catching small fish. Actually it is a good place for fish and chips!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Nice shot Rob...I like how her hair covers her face as she's looking back over her
    shoulder..good capture..

My only concern is that IF she is indeed "fishing", then she's going to need a bigger
    net, as those two look made for sardines or catching bait.

Mike
    Sardines, I think. I liked the odd way she was looking back, and as you say her hair over her face makes it different.