Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Where did you take that Picture?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Where did you take that Picture?

I have been reluctant to post images on the publically accessible websites and particularly avoid shooting images with my cell phone and posting them. Why? Take a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY

I don't think many folks 'think through' all the implications of what new technology enables. Your thoughts?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Where did you take that Picture?

Reading the comments that are posted below the video, it seems that some people think this is 'old news' and the issue shouldn't be seen as a threat. I'm not so sure.

Working as I do in child protection services, in which one of our biggest issues is the threat posed by technology, you become very, very aware that those who would seek to misuse technology are always several steps ahead of those who seek to ensure that children and other vulnerable people can continue to use it safely.

Scary stuff.
    I had my GPS turned off from the start when I got my phone. Never understand why you would want people to know where you are all the time.

Real Name
    Hero

the scariest bit is that you don't even need gps. just measuring the signal strength of the surrounding gsm-nodes gives your phone a good grasp of where you are at that moment.