Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Baxter-Baby, baskin' in the sun

Real Name
    Theresa

Baxter-Baby, baskin' in the sun

My kitty (one of two) enjoys the view and the warmth of the sun...
    Baxter-Baby, baskin' in the sun

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Baxter-Baby, baskin' in the sun

Theresa

The difficult lighting situation has been handled well and the concept of leading us out of the window to the view beyond, is a good one.

I wonder if we need all the empty space at each side? And I also wonder of it would have been strengthened is that object at the left hand side wasn't there?

We certainly need to see some curtain to tell us the story, so that we can understand the image. But I'm not sure we need to so much, particularly on the right hand side.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Baxter-Baby, baskin' in the sun

Hi Theresa, getting a high contrast image like this to come out looking right is a challenge with which you've done very well!

If you are thinking moving things in this image (instead of just cropping as Donald rightfully suggests), you may want to consider the red object in the lower right corner.

Red will always pull the eye and so will text (like watermarks). In this case you can't really read the text but you will usually find yourself trying to read the text instead of concentrating on the subject. There is a saying about getting the viewer's attention in a photography composition that goes, "If you can't make it great, make it red. If you can't make it red, make it big" (as in close-up). Hope this helps!