Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Just for fun ;)

  1. #1
    PentaxK5ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    104
    Real Name
    Ganesan

    Just for fun ;)

    How can i rotate this photo to see my wife's face?
    Just for fun ;)

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    3,542
    Real Name
    Chris

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Reshoot.

  3. #3
    epmi314's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    471
    Real Name
    Scott Benz

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Now that would be a trick!

  4. #4
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    13,161
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Use Photoshop
    Image - Image Rotation - Arbitrary - close image in frustration
    Now leave your computer; pick up your camera and walk around to the other side of your wife and shoot

  5. #5
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Hi Ganesan, you can turn the photograph into a cinemagraph in Photoshop by using the techniques described in this link...

    http://lesterbanks.com/2011/05/how-t...after-effects/

    The result is less than a video but more than a still image.

    Just for fun ;)

    For some more examples, take a look at some of the work by Jamie Back on this link...

    http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/04...otography.html
    Last edited by FrankMi; 24th September 2011 at 03:45 PM.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    11,698

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Have you tried looking at the back of the computer, Ganesan.

    Didn't work for me either!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    676

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    I tried this on you picture but it didn't work

    Click on the links below, and when it comes up, click again on the picture, and hold - drag your mouse in any direction (up, down, right, left) and the picture will give you a 360 degree view.

    http://www.utah3d.net/panoramas_2/AztecButte_swf.html

  8. #8
    PentaxK5ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    104
    Real Name
    Ganesan

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Wow! Lot of ideas!! But i can not successful with any tools.
    Thanks to everyone.
    so, this time i placed my camera in front of my wife's face.
    Finally i learned, how to take simple portrait.

    Here is she.
    Just for fun ;)

  9. #9
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,290
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by PentaxK5ian View Post
    so, this time i placed my camera in front of my wife's face.
    Finally i learned, how to take simple portrait.

    Here is she.
    Just for fun ;)
    And very nice she is too, welcome (both of you) to the CiC forums.

    The most obvious problem with the above shot is that having been taken in a forest with a sunlit tree canopy, the light has a lot of green cast to it - this might be correctable to an extent with PP, but I wonder whether a spot of something called fill flash would help.

    You could probably achieve this even with the on camera flash, but with significant negative flash exposure compensation so as not to wash out your wife's face, nor render the background too dark - I notice from EXIF this was shot at 1/100s at f/5.6 iso 3200 and 135mm.

    Colin maybe able to advise better on a good way to proceed, although if we're not careful, it may involve an armful of extra strobelights and remote triggers

    Here's a version with just a manual adjustment of white balance by eye and a bit of a sharpen;
    Just for fun ;)
    Better?

    Cheers,

  10. #10
    PentaxK5ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    104
    Real Name
    Ganesan

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Yes. I am also feel too much green. But I do not know anyway to correct it. Next week I will try again with flash and wb adjustment. I am a beginner, I am always waiting for your comments. I love this forum. Cheers to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    And very nice she is too, welcome (both of you) to the CiC forums.

    The most obvious problem with the above shot is that having been taken in a forest with a sunlit tree canopy, the light has a lot of green cast to it - this might be correctable to an extent with PP, but I wonder whether a spot of something called fill flash would help.

    You could probably achieve this even with the on camera flash, but with significant negative flash exposure compensation so as not to wash out your wife's face, nor render the background too dark - I notice from EXIF this was shot at 1/100s at f/5.6 iso 3200 and 135mm.

    Colin maybe able to advise better on a good way to proceed, although if we're not careful, it may involve an armful of extra strobelights and remote triggers

    Here's a version with just a manual adjustment of white balance by eye and a bit of a sharpen;
    Just for fun ;)
    Better?

    Cheers,

  11. #11
    Japokskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Oman
    Posts
    168
    Real Name
    Jhong Dizon

    Re: Just for fun ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Ganesan, you can turn the photograph into a cinemagraph in Photoshop by using the techniques described in this link...

    http://lesterbanks.com/2011/05/how-t...after-effects/

    The result is less than a video but more than a still image.

    Just for fun ;)

    For some more examples, take a look at some of the work by Jamie Back on this link...

    http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/04...otography.html
    wow....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •