The battle of Sigma 50mm F1.4 and Canon 50mm F1.4

It seems to be un-end.

The battle of Sigma 50mm F1.4 and Canon 50mm F1.4

Any suggestion?
    Last edited by boko; 20th September 2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: update image

Real Name
    Brian

Re: The battle of Sigma 50mm F1.4 and Canon 50mm F1.4

I think that's a canon 50 1.8 in the photo?
    If I could afford either, I would go with the Canon 50 1.4 BECAUSE I like to walk around with my gear - meaning when I take my 60D anywhere, I nearly always have 3 lenses with me. So any weight savings would be appreciated! Right now one of those lenses is a Canon 50 f1.8 II.
    What advantage does the Sigma 50 f1.4 have over the Canon 50 f1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    I think that's a canon 50 1.8 in the photo?
    If I could afford either, I would go with the Canon 50 1.4 BECAUSE I like to walk around with my gear - meaning when I take my 60D anywhere, I nearly always have 3 lenses with me. So any weight savings would be appreciated! Right now one of those lenses is a Canon 50 f1.8 II.
    What advantage does the Sigma 50 f1.4 have over the Canon 50 f1.4?
    Sorry for wrong image, this was my fault.
    If weight is not a big problem, can image quality of Sigma be considered?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Photozone says .........

SIGMA

The new Sigma AF 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM is a refreshing alternative in the long-ignored standard AF lens market. The lens is fairly big and heavy due to unusually big glass elements but thanks to the design efforts it is already capable of delivering very sharp images straight from f/1.4 and the resolution is truly impressive at medium aperture settings. Distortions, vignetting as well as CAs aren't overly relevant in field conditions. The bokeh can be a bit nervous at f/1.4 but it's smoother and more buttery from f/2 onwards. The build quality of the lens is excellent. The HSM AF drive is very fast and virtually silent. Unfortunately the lens suffers from residual spherical aberrations (focus shifts) when stopping down which may spoil the game at times.

CANON

The EF 50mm f/1.4 USM showed an almost flawless performance during the lab- and field-tests both in terms of optical and mechanical quality. If I had to list a few negative points it would be vignetting and low contrast at f/1.4. So if you're looking for a lens in this class the EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is a great option.

Warehouse Express, where I buy most of my stuff, has the Canon at 74GBP cheaper.

Thank Mr. Donald.
    I own Canon one. And There's no need to change this lens.

Thank again for this reference.