Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: info on Nikon MB-D10 for D300 wanted

Real Name
    Bernard Kravitz

info on Nikon MB-D10 for D300 wanted

I am interested in your opinnion. I was going to add the MB D-10 to my Nikon D300. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

B

Real Name
    Chris

Re: info on Nikon MB-D10 for D300 wanted

Hi Bernard,

I'm not sure what you're looking for. If you want extra battery life, a slightly higher continuous rate of fire and the addition of another shutter button, then this is what you need. But if you need none of these this accessory will just add weight and bulk to your D300 which is, of course, pretty heavy to start with.

This is not a cheap piece of equipment and I wouldn't recommend it unless one of the above mentioned options are important to you.

Real Name
    Ian

It is great built in on the D3 but one of those accessories that depreciates massively as it is unlikely to be compatible with other models and so unless you are looking for the extra battery capacity (or other features as stated above) I think you could invest your money in other equipment. ( unless you can get a really cheap secondhand one!)

Not 'a must have' in my view.

Real Name
    Robin

I love mine and wouldn't ever want to take it off. It completely transforms the handling of the camera making it better balanced and easier to use in portrait format. The extra battery life is a godsend when you're shooting all day.
    One of the best purchases I've made.

By the way it doesn't speed the camera up unless you buy the EN-EL4 battery (the one the D3 series takes) and the MH-21 charger and a BL-3 cover - even then you only gain 1fps. if you need the extra speed and the extended shooting that combination gives buy them together in the PDK-1 Power Drive Kit.