Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS5 User licence

Real Name
    Gary Marsh

Adobe Photoshop CS5 User licence

Hi
    I am thinking of buying Adobe Photoshop CS5 from new and I would like to know how many computers can I install it on legally. I only have a laptop at present which I know is not ideal for serious editing, but I am getting a tower pc and widescreen monitor in a few months. Question is if I install Adobe Photoshop CS5 on my current laptop now will I be able to install it on my new pc as well in the future?
    Any comments most appreciated
    Regards
    Gary

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS5 User licence

Hi Gary, based on the following link - http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho...anyinstall.htm

Question: How Many Computers May I Legally Install Photoshop On?
    Is it legal to install Adobe Photoshop on more than one computer? If so, how many computers may I install Photoshop on?

Answer: Photoshop's end-user license agreement (EULA) has always allowed for Photoshop to be installed on up to two computers (for instance, a home computer and a work computer, or a desktop and a laptop), as long as it's not being used on both computers at the same time.

As this is a fairly standard situation for most software applications, it is not a surprise that it applies to Photoshop as well.

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    as long as it's not being used on both computers at the same time.
    Ive never understood this one... I understand on a network, you cannot be logged into two computers at once, but PS???

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    Ive never understood this one... I understand on a network, you cannot be logged into two computers at once, but PS???
    This is a legal requirement to prevent two different users from using the product at the same time. The license is issued to a single user who may have it installed both at home and on the road or office but not allow it to be used in both places at the same time. Likewise, you can uninstall it from one desktop and install it on another. Or, in the case of a system crash, install in on the replacement PC. Make sense?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    I understand on a network, you cannot be logged into two computers at once, but PS???
    Hi Mike,

It depends on the how the network is setup, but by default - on a Microsoft windows network, you can log in to as many computers at once as you like (we do it quite regularly). Terminal Services my well be limited to a single session though.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    The license is issued to a single user who may have it installed both at home and on the road or office but not allow it to be used in both places at the same time
    This is exactly what I do.

Real Name
    Gary Marsh

Hi Frank,
    Thanks for taking time out to reply to my message. I am much clearer now about the EULA terms and conditions thanks for answering my question, much appreciated!
    Regards Gary