Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Set of 4 Trees

  1. #1
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Set of 4 Trees

    Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bucharest,Romania
    Posts
    1,331

    re: Set of 4 Trees

    If You named "threes" then in first shot had to be... one in the second... two in the third... three "Threes"and no more than three.Of course these shots are beautiful without the presentation I proposed.
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 8th September 2011 at 10:04 AM.

  3. #3
    RockNGoalStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    891
    Real Name
    Tommy

    re: Set of 4 Trees

    I think he meant 'Trees' not 'Threes' although I could be wrong...

    They are indeed beautiful! Although I'd like to see them in a bit more detail. The frames take up so much of the image size...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Trees it is

  5. #5
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    I couldn't understand the question/issue about threes and trees.
    I guess I may have written threes when I meant trees and Colin corrected that. Thank you Colin. Trees they are

    I have doubts about the canvas. Perhaps I am going to change it to white.
    The canvas is green is not that good and diminishes the value of the image.
    I did and it is far better ! Now I like them

    Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees

  6. #6
    RockNGoalStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    891
    Real Name
    Tommy

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    António they look really good, but I would like to see some higher resolution versions. They are still very small and difficult to see in any real detail.

  7. #7
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Quote Originally Posted by RockNGoalStar View Post
    António they look really good, but I would like to see some higher resolution versions. They are still very small and difficult to see in any real detail.
    Here perhaps

    Thank you for commenting

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,625
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    For me, no matter how beautiful a tree is, it is almost impossible to show it off without any other supporting context. You have done it and well, particularly on 2 and 4. Pretty sure they will look super in very large prints.

  9. #9
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    20,025
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    This is a superb set. Each image is very good in its own right. But it is as a set of 4, viewed together, that, in my opinion, they become really magnificent.

    Wonderful creativity. My compliments, Antonio.

  10. #10
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Thank you Bobo, Donald and all the others.

    The 4 images were not intended to be shown as a set. Shame on me, yes. !

    We were walking - a long walk - to the Tiger's Nest in the middle of beautiful forest. I started looking at the trees and found them to be very nice. I shoot some with vaguely the idea of a set.

    Others shots of the same walk are also quite interesting. :9

    Post cards it's what they are ! Nothing really creative I am afraid ! Anyone can shoot pictures like these.

    It worked just fine. The 4 of them are hanged in a wall in my bed room.

  11. #11
    Sabemajeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon USA
    Posts
    33

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Antonio...

    This is a VERY nice series. I have been especially drawn to the Frames in the second set, and in particular the second image snakes throughout the frame in an interesting way. Nice work !

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Stockholm. Sweden
    Posts
    108
    Real Name
    Jim

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Antonio, I must have taken hundreds of shots in the forest over the past couple of years and try as I may I've never managed to create such beautiful images. They do tend to get just a wee bit lost in the huge pale green border though.

  13. #13
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabemajeen View Post
    Antonio... This is a VERY nice series. I have been especially drawn to the Frames in the second set, and in particular the second image snakes throughout the frame in an interesting way. Nice work !
    Thank you. The canvas is white is far better than that silly green
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by jambin View Post
    Antonio, I must have taken hundreds of shots in the forest over the past couple of years and try as I may I've never managed to create such beautiful images. They do tend to get just a wee bit lost in the huge pale green border though.
    Thank you Jim The light was diffuse under the density of the forest. You have to go there Jim !

  14. #14
    lizzy310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    170
    Real Name
    Liz

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    I am no expert by any means...but as an amateur who just likes to look at things in galleries and enjoy art as art...I think your photos are gorgeous, but the large frames are a distraction. I went to your site, and the only thing my eye is drawn to is all the very large white boxes. Personally I prefer a frame that is a lot smaller so that the photo is the biggest thing you see. I hope to be able to take a photo that beautiful some day with what I am learning.
    Last edited by lizzy310; 9th September 2011 at 03:14 PM.

  15. #15
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy310 View Post
    I am no expert by any means...but as an amateur who just likes to look at things in galleries and enjoy art as art...I think your photos are gorgeous, but the large frames are a distraction. Personally I prefer a frame that is a lot smaller so that the photo is the biggest thing you see. I hope to be able to take a photo that beautiful some day with what I am learning.
    Liz,
    I respect your opinion of course but I think it just looks better with the white canvas. The image has more impact.
    Now, compare and tell me what you really think will you please ? Thank you

    The white canvas drives you into the image !

    Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees

  16. #16
    lizzy310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    170
    Real Name
    Liz

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    It could be a cultural difference in how we see things. I would prefer a larger image and maybe a much thinner frame. The colors of your tree and the surrounding woods are beautiful. By the way, spent 2 weeks in Foz do Arelho 2 years ago. A beautiful country and we enjoyed being there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    Liz,
    I respect your opinion of course but I think it just looks better with the white canvas. The image has more impact.
    Now, compare and tell me what you really think will you please ? Thank you

    The white canvas drives you into the image !

    Set of 4 Trees Set of 4 Trees

  17. #17
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzy310 View Post
    It could be a cultural difference in how we see things. I would prefer a larger image and maybe a much thinner frame. The colors of your tree and the surrounding woods are beautiful. By the way, spent 2 weeks in Foz do Arelho 2 years ago. A beautiful country and we enjoyed being there.
    Indeed ... It depends on your cultural backgrounds. I agree. Thank you for commenting.
    So, you have been in Portugal ? Foz do Arelho... never been there

  18. #18
    Kris V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Posts
    1,629
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    I can only say one thing:
    Totally awesome -
    with or without the canvas
    (OK- that's 2 things )

  19. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    9
    Real Name
    Janice Arnott

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Very nice. The pics have a magical look and feeling to them

  20. #20
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Set of 4 Trees

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    I can only say one thing:
    Totally awesome -
    with or without the canvas
    (OK- that's 2 things )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •