Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Question and need help

Real Name
    Neno

Question and need help

So I have seen the video that Karl Taylor did regarding advanced photography (I'm not going to post links so I do not advertize products)
    So my question to all that have seen the video is this.
    The part that he did, describing remote capture is very interesting and really amazing photo came out of it. Flock of seagulls flying to the camera for food.
    He was distanced some 20m from the camera so he would not scare the birds. He took the shots via cable that he has connected and some sort of motion sensor.

Does anyone know how to do that? How to set that up.
    I saw some ideas regarding usb and laptop connection but this is much more easier to do.
    So please help...

Real Name
    Neno

Re: Question and need help

The thing I'm talking about is on 2.15 min of this video
    click here to watch

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Neno,

If you watch it again mate he says it himself, "it's a massive cable release". I'm not a Canon user but Nikon has a program called Camera Control Pro.

I would imagine he's using a similar system for Canon. The fool.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Thanks for the link, it makes it much easier.

I'm not a Canon shooter, but basically what is being shown is a remote cable release - I don't believe motion sensing comes into it.
    It may well have been set to interval shoot one frame every second or so, once triggered manually though, so as to not waste space on the card.

No doubt a Canon user may supply a model number or link for the item.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Neno

It doesn't show on the video (its a short version) but at the end he is talking about the sensor at the end of the cable. He is also giving an example of placing the camera out in the woods and setting the two parts (sensor and trigger) in front of the camera. As the animal walks through that field the camera is automatically shooting. I'm also interested in the cable. If anyone can tell me what kind of cable it is and how to purchase it.

It would be great to sit some 20-30 meters away and take pictures as animals approach the lens.
    I could try to place the bait next to me and try my best with my standard cable operated remote (if the gulls don't see me as the bait or a good sized lunch )