Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Summertime

Summertime

in this thread i write a simple thought, at the end of a short story
    feel free to skip the text and watch only the picture, it could be boring and ridicolous.

anyway, any kind of comments on pictures (and on text, of course) are very welcome
    thanks for viewing

this summer I spent about a month on holiday. I would like to share with you some "moments" of this quite uncommon vacation.
    I say quite uncommon because, the trend of the last years is for vacations as far away as possible (and often for less time).
    Despite that, I choose a destination very close to my home, only 50 minutes by car and 1 hourby ferry: I have been onto the ELBA island

but my purpose was to deeply know this land, its inhabitants and its visitors, so close on the map but so distant for every thing else (since it is an island). focusing my eyes better than during my other previous tours on this island.

So I attended the most famous and crowded places, as Elba is a famous touristic destination,

Summertime

Summertime

but I've travelled round and around, from bottom to top,

Summertime

discovering a lot of hidden places unknown to the mass of people, but even more beautiful and peacefull

Summertime

Summertime

never stop exploring, at every time of the day or the night, living the "movida"

Summertime

and relaxing in the silence of the night

Summertime

or tasting the local delicious courses

Summertime

or learning local old fishermans' techniques (sorry, no portrait of fishermans )

Summertime

finally, I'm amazed for how much one can discover, learn and enjoy even in the "neighbourhood" .
    one must grow up looking forward and backword, beyond the orizon but also just under its nose.

PS plan a tour there.. you'll enjoy
    Last edited by Nicola; 2nd September 2011 at 04:16 PM.

Re: Summertime

What a wonderful, wonderful story, Nicola! What a wonderful adventure and SO many wonderful photos - just really bright and colorful and clear and....all of that blue! Thanks for sharing it all.

(I'm sorry that this is such a short comment, though. It's getting late....)

Real Name
    Scott Benz

These images are all very well done. The color is wonderful! A well told story as Katy mentioned.

Too many to make any specific comments but I am glad you got a shot of my yacht in the second image. LOL

Real Name
    John

Very nice images and beautiful scenery.

Real Name
    Tommy

I second all those comments - you've got some lovely shots there as lasting memories of your trip.

my favourites are #4, #5 and #7 but they're all great and tell a lovely story of your holiday.

ps That cablecar looks a bit hairy!

Real Name
    Keith

A great sequence of shots and a lovely story to go with them, thanks for sharing them with us.

Real Name
    Richard

Some very nice images there... I suggest that you provide a space between the images that don't have text...

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    What a wonderful, wonderful story, Nicola! What a wonderful adventure and SO many wonderful photos - just really bright and colorful and clear and....all of that blue! Thanks for sharing it all.

(I'm sorry that this is such a short comment, though. It's getting late....)
    Thanks KAty!
    thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by epmi314 View Post
    These images are all very well done. The color is wonderful! A well told story as Katy mentioned.

Too many to make any specific comments but I am glad you got a shot of my yacht in the second image. LOL
    thanks Scott
    next time I will call you for a ride on your little boat

Quote Originally Posted by RockNGoalStar View Post
    I second all those comments - you've got some lovely shots there as lasting memories of your trip.

my favourites are #4, #5 and #7 but they're all great and tell a lovely story of your holiday.

ps That cablecar looks a bit hairy!
    Hairy??
    It sounds as a compliment for that flying cage!

Many thanks also to Shadowman, Keith and Richard

I know, too many pictures at one time,
    I will post several others one by one in others threads in the next days... I've still to finish the PP of around 800 pictures!