Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Absinthe and Pondering the Pond

Absinthe and Pondering the Pond

I did some rework on the green glasses from yesterday...then I got carried away

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Absinthe and Pondering the Pond

I like the first one Steve,

The second is a bit 'deep' for me - or put another way, makes me think of stuff I don't want to think about.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I did some rework on the green glasses from yesterday...then I got carried away

On the technicality of the shot, I like this one.

On both the technical and subjective side, I like this one better. I always go for images that makes me think after I have noticed how amazing the image was. One small nit, Steve; I'd probably correct some of the bleeding issues with the green tint from the boys hands and head. One powerful image from your very imaginative mind. Well done.

Real Name
    Rob

I'm not one to analyse to much as to why I like an image, I either like it, it's so-so or I don't like it (probably my Yorkshire roots, call a spade a spade, and all that...)

These I like - they are 100% eye-candy shots - thanks for showing these Steve, I have enjoyed them very much.

ps IMO this version of the Green Glasses is better than yesterdays. One tiny thing - for me there is just a little too much space on the RH side?

I like them both, but yes, the 2nd one better.

Nihia

Real Name
    Keith

Eye-catching work Steve, like 'em both

I like the first one Steve,

The second is a bit 'deep' for me - or put another way, makes me think of stuff I don't want to think about.
    Thanks Dave. I may have been successful on both counts then

On both the technical and subjective side, I like this one better. I always go for images that makes me think after I have noticed how amazing the image was. One small nit, Steve; I'd probably correct some of the bleeding issues with the green tint from the boys hands and head. One powerful image from your very imaginative mind. Well done.
    Thanks Jiro. The bleed around the edges is sloppiness on my part maybe I need some of that coffee of yours. The first image was really a test to see of I could still do that sort of stuff. The one indulgence was the focusing on the glasses to the rear rather than the ones nearest. I wanted to create a woozy effect but I think the depth of field is slightly to much to get the desired effect. It looks instead as if I have ever so slightly missed focus.

Nihia and Keith, glad you like them. I wasn't sure I was ready to pick up the camera again - I have gone through a phase of disillusionment and it seemed way too easy to let it lie....but I am glad I did open that camera bag. Iwas wondering where that cheese sandwich had gone

Real Name
    Steve

blue yellow, green magenta. I like the first.

Real Name
    Seri

Steve,

Just what Doctor Pierre Ordinaire ordered for a dose of inspiration!

The history, the rituals, the truths and the myths. I read all about it four years ago. A fascinating drink, and you captured the spirit of it perfectly

As is often the case, I have to depend on others to say why I like these images so very much, and this time I'll leave it to Dracula (alone with Mina):

Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me.

Seri

Real Name
    John

Very nice, especially the first one.