Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Focus Stacking Attempt. Thoughts?

Real Name
    Scott Benz

Focus Stacking Attempt. Thoughts?

This is my first attempt at focus stacking. I have posted one of the pictures already but I suppose I'm looking for a little CiC on these.

Images have a few minor adjustments but are pretty much as shot. IMO the third image is the strongest but your thoughts are most welcomed.

This is an image of a dried out bird bath. It's kind of gross honestly but I thought the colors were intersting.

1/100 f13 85mm iso100

Focus Stacking Attempt.  Thoughts?

Real Name
    Pierre

Re: Focus Stacking Attempt. Thoughts?

Dear Scott,

The attempts succeeded very well I think (but I'm not at all an expert on the subject).
    I recognize your third picture as being posted in one of the mini competitions. The colors were OK, even interesting, but I had a hard time in recognizing what the main subject was. There is happening so very much in your picture and it isn't helping the spectator to focus on anything.

I don't think that is much of a help on your subject, but it is well intended.

Cheers
    Pierre

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Focus Stacking Attempt. Thoughts?

Hi Scott,

I prefer the second one here, perhaps because, as Pierre mentions, it allows me to see more of what it is - that said, I'd never have guessed, but you told us elsewhere.

Although the histograms show a good tonal range, I find the first two a bit 'flat', I don't know what the problem is, they're sharp, but just don't 'pop' for me.

Is that like a rusty enamel coating that is peeling off?