Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bad seed

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Bad seed

When fruit is forgotten, it can turn rotten
    Just a lone pomegranate hanging around which we just never got around to picking and which with age has turned interesting.

Bad seed

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Bad seed

Hi Ken,
    I think I like the DOF on this shot - I say think because I'm looking at it on my iPod
    I just posted on another photo a similar comment to the one I'm about to make, so perhaps I am just off on this.
    To me the way the branch goes right across the right edge of the fruit is distracting?
    There is a LOT of contrast in the pomegranate itself. Part of me wants the exposure to be a little less so there is more detail on the brightest spot, but the bottom part would be pretty dark that way and I'm not sure I would like that either. So, probably a good exposure considering. Perhaps someone else can weigh in with some advice to handle a high contrast situation like this. That said, the really bright spot has an appeal too.
    Good job taking notice of this interesting sight and thanks for sharing it

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Re: Bad seed

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    Hi Ken,

There is a LOT of contrast in the pomegranate itself. Part of me wants the exposure to be a little less so there is more detail on the brightest spot, but the bottom part would be pretty dark that way and I'm not sure I would like that either.

Hi Brian
    Thanks for viewing and interesting comments in your critique. Actually the bottom stem of the fruit was quite black. And I had to do a bit of layering and some PP to tone back on the 'bright 'spot and give it some texture. In the original raw file it was almost totally clipped and washed out.
    Cheers
    Ken
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 22nd August 2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: fix quote tag