Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Just popping by

Real Name
    Myra

Just popping by

Seeing that I was just virtually chastised by a computer message reminding me that I had not posted in a long time, I thought it best to appease the program by popping in to say “hello” and leave a couple of photos behind. This summer has been spent trying to apply everything I’ve learned in the past year, plus read as many articles about photography that I have time for along with watching whatever video tutorials that can be fit in. Along with my favourite four legged subjects, I’ve also tried my hand at flowers, more black and white and even a maternity shoot!

The following two photos are two of my favourites thus far this summer. C&C always welcome.

Just popping by
    IMG_4393 by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

This falcon was captured at a park about a week ago. As you can see, he is a resident of the park due to an injured wing.

Canon 40D
    EF 70-210f/4 lens
    f/4 1/125 ISO 320 Focal length 185mm

Just popping by
    IMG_3852 by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

Just as Golden Retriever Callie finally sat still so I could get her in focus, along came Topaz the cat. I couldn't have planned it any better had I tried.

Canon 40D
    85mm f/1.8 lens
    f/1.8 1/250 ISO 100 Focal length

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Just popping by

Quote Originally Posted by Maritimer1 View Post
    Just popping by
    That is a gorgeous image. Beautifully captured and processed as well.

And as for not posting. That's your first warning. The next time you get a virus which causes photos of the Admins & Mods to keep popping up on your screen until you post again.

Just popping by

Just as Golden Retriever Callie finally sat still so I could get her in focus, along came Topaz the cat. I couldn't have planned it any better had I tried.
    Yay! I'm glad to see a post from you Myra!!! It sounds like you've been having fun.....without us, this summer! Tsk! As for the photos - both are absolutely wonderful but, you're right - none of us could have asked for anything more perfect with this second one. Adorable!

How come I've never received a notice like that? Doesn't CiC care that I've been gone for twelve hours?

Myra, really beautiful light and wonderful composition and so sharp - on both of them!

Real Name
    Myra

Oh, Donald, no viruses! That really happened about two months ago. Fortunately, my husband was able to salvage my files before wiping my computer clean. I still pop in from time to time and see what's new. I had just reached the point where I was asking too many questions and didn't have enough "good stuff" to contribute so thought I should just practice, practice, practice with the advice already given BTW, that's a very striking new profile shot.

Katy, it was definitely all about the light. The sun was just setting and I already had Callie (the Retriever) 60% convinced that she should sit in the barn doorway (great backdrop) and not come over for some TLC. Something caught her attention, Topaz the cat wandered into the scene and for once, I was able to get something better than I had hoped for

Real Name
    Kris Harmon

Simply put, both photos are amazing. Lighting, post processing, and cropping are great.

I just wish my dog was cooperative enough to model and got along with cats as well as yours

Katy, it was definitely all about the light.
    Brilliant!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Myra,

Don't leave it so long - and show us more pictures like these (love that second one)

Glad to see you back again,