Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: NYIP distance learning

Real Name
    Erik

NYIP distance learning

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have an opinion of the New York School of Photography?

I like the idea of the course being at my own pace and from home. However, being an online course I want to make sure that this school and the courses offered are worth while.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Erik

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: NYIP distance learning

Hi Erik, I don't know about NYSP specifically, but the remote photography school, Famous Photographer's School (now defunct) I am familiar with provided training, exercises, and personal critique of your exercise results. That was in the days before the internet and Google.

You can get the training lessons in the form of tutorials at CiC and elsewhere. Likewise, the personal responses for comments and critique are available here in the forum. That leaves the exercises to be done in a logical order. I suspect that you can find that on the web as well.

The NYSP likely has an excellent venue to get you from where you are to where you want to go, but I expect that you will also be able to find everything you need on-line, if you take the time to search for it.

Real Name
    Erik

Re: NYIP distance learning

Thanks Frank,

I checked out the Ken Rockwell site and I liked what he had to say. Basically saying that photography is a self-taught art.

In addition to reading some posts here, I will forgo taking an online course at a cost of over $1000. Instead, I will continue taking classes at a local college and make more of an effort of posting here.

I have realize that what I am looking for a guidance to the art of photography. This of course can be fully achieve through CiC. I think I can also get the support I would be looking for in developing a portfolio and to market myself.

Erik