Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Yet once again we are reminded....

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Yet once again we are reminded....

It is that time of the year, once again, when all across the country the wattles are in full bloom. And their magnificent blossoms against the backdrop of the green gums tells us that what else could our National colours be other than ' The Green and The Gold!'
    Thanks for viewing. And hey, I don't mind being ripped into if it helps me to learn and improve. I do have very broad shoulders, metaphorically speaking, which are encapsulated with a very thick skin. So, go for it if you think I might benefit
    old 'glad to be alive' ucci

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Yet once again we are reminded....

Not #2 - because the sky is blown. And it's not got a lot of interest in it other than the blossom.

#3 - Yes, but! I'm not sure that the trees on the left hand side being cut off at the bottom, works. A sort of , 'Ok' image.

#1 - Ah, Now, #1. There a real picture. Click on it and look at it in the lightroom, with the dark background. I love the 'entrance way' into the background and the blossom that those tree trunks in the foreground provide. In this case, we don't need to see the bottom or top of those trees, the trunks tell the story. And, indeed, what greater representation of the colours of the Australian flag could we have than this. There's just so much to look at.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Not #2 - because the sky is blown. And it's not got a lot of interest in it other than the blossom.

#3 - Yes, but! I'm not sure that the trees on the left hand side being cut off at the bottom, works. A sort of , 'Ok' image.

#1 - Ah, Now, #1. There a real picture. Click on it and look at it in the lightroom, with the dark background. I love the 'entrance way' into the background and the blossom that those tree trunks in the foreground provide. In this case, we don't need to see the bottom or top of those trees, the trunks tell the story. And, indeed, what greater representation of the colours of the Australian flag could we have than this. There's just so much to look at.
    Thank you for your helpful and honest critique Donald. it is very much appreciated. Not until I read your remarks and took another dekko did I realize just how badly the sky was blown in #2. A real shocker. Sorry about posting that one.
    Ken
    Last edited by ucci; 16th August 2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling check fix-up

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    old 'glad to be alive' ucci
    Oh, you, too?

I think the same as Donald (we just always back each other up, apparently.) I love the first one!

Ken, I recognize something in your post processing - something that reminds me of my photos a yellow fall trees from last year. it's something about the trunks of the trees. They look bright, almost like you've used a flash. You know that I'm not an expert in post processing; so, please...."grain of salt", here.... If it were my photo, either I would say that I had touched too many sliders or didn't take the highlights down or.... I never quite figured it out. It doesn't bother me tremendously, at all, but.... I just throw it out there and wonder what you or anyone else thinks.

edit: HERE's a link to those trees from last fall (the first photo).
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 16th August 2011 at 02:11 PM.