Real Name
    Abhi

First attempt at street photography, C&C please

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: First attempt at street photography, C&C please

Good subjects, nice details, good b&w conversion, poor framing. Watch out for cut-off parts, Abhi. Move the camera if the lens you are using can't frame the shot nicely. Are these shots from your new camera?
    Last edited by jiro; 12th August 2011 at 09:12 PM.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Good subjects, nice details, good b&w conversion, poor framing. Watch out for cut-off parts, Abhi. Move the camera if the lens you are using can't frame the shot nicely. Are these shots with your new camera?
    I am not very comfortable taking these photos, and that shows in the framing. I noticed the errors later during PP. But, I am relatively happy with them for a first try. Both shot with the new camera. I did not know that DPP stripped off the EXIF data.

The shot settings for the first one are : 18-55mm IS @55mm @ f/5.6 for 1/100s, ISO 3200.
    and the second: 18-55mm IS @ 25mm @ f/4.0 for 1/250s, ISO 400.

The B&W conversion is using the in-camera Monochrome conversion through DPP. I just went into DPP and played around a little with highlights, brightness and contrast.

Real Name
    John

Abhi,

Are you saying that you shoot quickly to avoid confrontation?

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Abhi,

Are you saying that you shoot quickly to avoid confrontation?
    Not necessarily to avoid a confrontation. But, I do feel like I am intruding, so I guess I do not want to get caught.

Real Name
    Lew Lorton

Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    Not necessarily to avoid a confrontation. But, I do feel like I am intruding, so I guess I do not want to get caught.
    This is certainly the first and greatest barrier to street shooting and all of us face it.

Lew

Abhi, I have that feeling too when I shoot people. I like your shots because they are a glimpse in the everyday life of people in your part of the world.

Real Name
    John

It might be an intrusion for some people, it depends on what they are doing when you put them in frame, however I believe that there are a lot of people who just love to be photographed. You have to consider the environment you are in, if it is a public market then people are just going about their day and probably couldn't be bothered whether or not you take their photo. If it is an outdoor concert then in most cases people expect to be photographed.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by manthos View Post
    Abhi, I have that feeling too when I shoot people. I like your shots because they are a glimpse in the everyday life of people in your part of the world.
    Thanks, Giannis.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    It might be an intrusion for some people, it depends on what they are doing when you put them in frame, however I believe that there are a lot of people who just love to be photographed. You have to consider the environment you are in, if it is a public market then people are just going about their day and probably couldn't be bothered whether or not you take their photo. If it is an outdoor concert then in most cases people expect to be photographed.
    Very true, John. I keep repeating this to myself. It is me who thinks that I am being intrusive. I do not think most people would care one way or the other about being photographed in a public setting, while going about their daily lives.

PS: My apologies for the delayed response. I was traveling over the last week, and was away from my computer.

Real Name
    John

Very true, John. I keep repeating this to myself. It is me who thinks that I am being intrusive. I do not think most people would care one way or the other about being photographed in a public setting, while going about their daily lives.

PS: My apologies for the delayed response. I was traveling over the last week, and was away from my computer.
    Abhi,

Not a problem about response times, hopefully we will see the photograhic results of your travels.